Unrecognized User Account in Task Mgr

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was using Task Manager (Win10, 64-bit) to run a bat file to put the computer to sleep at a particular time each evening. When it asks for me to select a User Account, it contains a User Account I do not recognize. Opening User Accounts in Control Panel and via "Family & Other People" in Settings does not show me that same, unrecognized account; only the ones that *should* be there. Fwiw, the user account is name "02mrsejrjujr". Anyone have any ideas as to a) where it came from and 2) how to get rid of it?

This computer has never been anywhere but in my home, so there should never have been an opportunity for anyone to have physical access to it in order to create a new user account.

I've also used Regedit to visit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and see if there are any SpecialAccounts that might be hidden, but there is nothing there.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
That's a really weird situation, looks like the extra account is the result of a foreign character not being recognized by the system when it shows you the info for the accounts.

Using task manager, can you check if there is any process running from this user?

It's not a particularly easy problem to solve (at least for me).

Also you can check if the user is in the net users:

In Command Prompt ( right click on the Start button and then Command Prompt)

Then write this: net user 02mrsejrjujr
Hit enter and you will be able to see more info about this account if it's really registered on Windows.

Maybe it's an account from a service, like Outlook, Hotmail, XBOX or any other.

You can try that also with the others accounts to see if it's the Full Name of one of your accounts.

Hopefully with this you will identify the account.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro