Slow and getting slower

Bill Pert

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Recently I had a severe slow down with Win10 and used the MS instructions on starting a Clean Boot (Reset this PC, Remove everything all ) After doing this I had virtually nothing except my AVG anti virus yet the PC was running no better. I saw that the "C" drive still held some directories from previously played games which I would have expected to be cleaned but were not. I contacted NS and was assisted in doing another "Clean Boot" but this time they advised retaining my files and details. I am now in a situation that my PC is fast to startup but once I get to the desktop the PC slows rapidly and it takes several seconds to open file & directories, It's as if it is searching for something and all I get is "Program Not Responding", the only way to get out of this is to go CTR ALT DEL.
Can someone please help with a suggestion or 2
Ropar

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
There a couple of thing that can be causing that.

It can be a type of virus taking resources from your system, for that when you are in the Task Manager (Control +Alt + Delete) you could be able to see if there is any program taking all the resources and has a suspicious name.

It can be also a program malfunctioning, as the one before you can do the same and heck if any program is sucking all the power from the CPU or the RAM memory.

In the hardware/physical department I think 3 thinks can be broken:

1. If your computer is getting too high temperatures it could be:
a. Is too dirty inside and there is no good airflow to take down the temperatures, causing that your system over heats and fails. Cleaning it should solves the problem
b. One or more of the computer fans is broken and is overheating because of that. That particular Fan needs to be replaced.

2. Hard Disk Drive is kind of broken.

If the hard drive has some bad sector can cause several problems with Windows, sometimes, just deleting the swap file, scanning the disk for errors and setting again the swap file can solve the problem, but IT TAKES AGES to fulfill all that because the SWAP file a very important file. The way to do that will depend of which Windows Version do you have.

If it's the case and solves your problem, you should save all your important files in another drive as a backup, because once a Hard Drive fails it will keep failing.

3. RAM or/and CPU are broken.

In the situation that the problem is because the CPU or the RAM are failing the only option I will recommend is replacing it, it has to be done for someone who know how to, a lot of things can go wrong if you don't know what are you doing.

Hopefully with this you can provide us with more info to help you or maybe you will be able to solve the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa