Why can't I remove demo mode from floor model?

Phampon

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I bought a floor model Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012 with Windows 10 (though the box said 8.1) from Office Depot. I've googled and searched through forums, but can't seem to get rid of the demo. When I click 5 times on windows, it prompts for a retail administrative password. I use trs10, but it pops up asking if I want to reconfigure. When I select reconfigure, it gives me the option enter a retail access code (RAC) and a SKU #. I've tried to 'finish' without entering anything, but it doesn't continue. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Did you check with Office Depot for advice?

I doubt they will give you the RAC, but they might have a bootable Windows 10 Disk/USB, another option; at the least, be able to remove the 'Demo Mode'.

I think if you do a hard Reset, it will reset your device to Windows 8.1 - I believe I would call Office Depot for options; sold-as-is should NOT applied to your situation.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I would also strongly recommend a full clean install of original factory state. Who knows what else is lurking on the demo unit.

Wipe it. Set it up as a home unit. They should have offered to performed a factory install for you. If not, request it be done for free and make sure it works before you leave the store. Have them use it in front of you and you test it out before leaving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3