Firmware for old devices

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 925 RM-982 that died recently. I can't find de firmware anywhere. Do you know where I may find it, so I can try to recover it with Nokia Care Suite?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Care Suite is no longer used.
All firmware recovery or upgrades are handled through the newer Windows desktop application WDRT.

Update WDRT (Windows Device Recovery Tool) for your language or country.
I'm assuming Germany by what you posted.

If your 925 is still functioning reliably WP 8.1 (T-Mobile firmware) will be reinstalled via WDRT.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So you tried unplugging the 925 if not recognized and selecting the best option for phone not found?
Takes a few tries if the phone is corrupt or bricked for WDRT to figure out what's going on.

fernandosantos

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I've tried many times. WDRT shows me a list of many firmwares, but all of them are RM-927 above. I'm not sure that microsoft still keeps "old" firmwares available for download. That's why I was looking for an alternative option.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Give us the exact model? 16/32? black white? I'll look it up

1. Install "Windows Device Recovery Tool" http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569
2. Download the firmware form this site only the ffu.
3. And now open CMD as administrator
4. Typ "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool"
32 bit pc "cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool"
5. Connect now your phone to your pc
6. Typ in cmd "thor2 -mode uefiflash -ffufile "C:\the location of the ffu\file name.ffu" -do_full_nvi_update -do_factory_reset"
7. Wait now until your phone gives a green screen
8. Typ now in cmd "thor2 -mode rnd -bootnormalmode"

I was able to download a 1.6 GB file FFU only, so if you can tell me what you need I can mirror that somewhere.

Last edited:

anon(10197358)

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
@zocster

Why execute two commands when we can execute just one ?

thor2 -mode uefiflash -ffufile "FullFlashUpdate.ffu" -do_full_nvi_update -do_factory_reset -reboot

And, if WDRT shows the emergency screen, it's that the Lumia 925 of OP is detected as QHSUSB_x. So, thor2 command you specified isn't appropriate. If OP confirms for QHSUSB_x, then he must use emergency mode of thor2.

fernandosantos

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Thank you very much guys! But I think it's really dead. Sem título2.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss