Microsoft Fitbit

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Probably not. The Smartwatch market has turned out to smaller than everyone expected, after all your phone can count steps. But there seems to be a smaller market for people training for a big run, gym enthusiasts, or maybe people losing weight. Seems to me, Microsoft's initial idea was big health data, which didn't materialize. They let others compete in the smaller consumer market. Time tells though, as always..

fringezero

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree that the smartwatch market is not booming. However I have noticed, in my small world of friends and colleagues, that more and more are buying into the Apple Watch. Not saying that it is a huge number, but wearables, be it smartwatch or fitness tracking, are growing. Just thought with Microsofts Band technology mixed in with Fitbits user base, not to mention the Vector and Pebble tech that Fitbit now owns...with a single purchase they could take the lead in the wearables market. Not to mention they could still licenses their tech to other companies like Casio

Lych

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by fringezero
I agree that the smartwatch market is not booming. However I have noticed, in my small world of friends and colleagues, that more and more are buying into the Apple Watch. Not saying that it is a huge number, but wearables, be it smartwatch or fitness tracking, are growing. Just thought with Microsofts Band technology mixed in with Fitbits user base, not to mention the Vector and Pebble tech that Fitbit now owns...with a single purchase they could take the lead in the wearables market. Not to mention they could still licenses their tech to other companies like Casio

That's not surprising at all. I mean they already have iPhones, the Apple Watch is basically a no-brainer at that point and arguably it's the best choice for a smartwatch out there for Apple users. Android has their share as well, and cross-platform smartwatches didn't really catch on. They all died, or got bought out by fitbit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro