Is anyone else having problems with 950xl after updates?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

It seems like every update fixes one or two things, adds something I never wanted and breaks 5 things which previously worked. I'm at the point where I don't even want the phone anymore but it was too expensive to just throw away.

I think this whole experience has killed any love I had for MS products at this point.

On top of that I called Lumia support today to see what my options were and they were rude and insulting. Do Apple users get treated like that when their expensive product is having issues?

I'm ready to just throw away the lumia, Xbox and everything else for other brands. I used to love this phone, now I feel like I have to fight it to accomplish anything outside of a simple phone call. It shouldn't be this hard.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm with you. It doesn't seem that long ago I swore I'd never use any other mobile, but I will soon be leaving the platform as soon as I find something. I've been through the same issues with support, they were rude and flat out had no idea about the product at all. They even admitted they didn't and did not use the phone themselves. I'm keeping an eye out for what Nokia is bringing to android. It's just time to move on and stop investing in ideas MS doesn't believe in themselves.

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
What happened with Lumia support? It seems that Microsoft utilize a one step forward, three steps back mentality, for many things at the moment.

I looked into it more later. MS contracted out support of the Lumia line to a company called B2X. It's supposed to be "seamless" which really just means they will never say they're not Microsoft and their website matches the look of MS. If you go to MS and start a support chat you'll find that at some point you are redirected to b2x.com.

Imagine that, handing off support of your product to a 3rd party with no vested interest in your brand. It's no wonder the support personnel are rude and mean. They get to represent themselves as employees of a different company and they don't care if you like that brand or not when they're done with you. Why would MS even enter into an agreement like that? Because they are done. They have no plan for WP and they are out. Theyve been saying it and we've been standing around ignoring it going "gee, i wonder what they're going to do.with WP this year"...nothing. Exactly like they've been saying they're going to do. It's not exactly a secret.

The CEO is almost hostile toward this platform and he has said multiple times that he doesn't want to be in this business, MS is not manufacturing the phones anymore and they aren't even supporting it at this point. I don't know how many other clues people need before they can just admit this thing is dead. It was great and I had fun but I'm ready to trade out for a phone with some capability again. Continuum just isn't enough to keep me interested, I have a desktop pc which runs all 3 of the apps smoother.

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
It seems like every update fixes one or two things, adds something I never wanted and breaks 5 things which previously worked. I'm at the point where I don't even want the phone anymore but it was too expensive to just throw away.

I think this whole experience has killed any love I had for MS products at this point.

On top of that I called Lumia support today to see what my options were and they were rude and insulting. Do Apple users get treated like that when their expensive product is having issues?

I'm ready to just throw away the lumia, Xbox and everything else for other brands. I used to love this phone, now I feel like I have to fight it to accomplish anything outside of a simple phone call. It shouldn't be this hard.

Update

I went to the local MS store yesterday as a last ditch effort. My phone is several months out of warranty so i wasn't too hopeful but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

After 10 minutes I walked out with a new 950xl. It was that easy. The employees were knowledgeable and helpful. The whole experience was completely juxtaposed to what I had experienced via telephone support. That store bought this platform more time with me.

I will never go through the b2x agreement with MS corporate again. Bottom line: if you have problems take it to the store, stay away from the website and phone support at all costs.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Update

I went to the local MS store yesterday as a last ditch effort. My phone is several months out of warranty so i wasn't too hopeful but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

After 10 minutes I walked out with a new 950xl. It was that easy. The employees were knowledgeable and helpful. The whole experience was completely juxtaposed to what I had experienced via telephone support. That store bought this platform more time with me.

I will never go through the b2x agreement with MS corporate again. Bottom line: if you have problems take it to the store, stay away from the website and phone support at all costs.

This is good news! B2X, from what I have heard, are just not that good at providing customer service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb