Windows product keyes on device stickers

Mr Mendelli

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if Microsoft still puts the product key for things like office on one of the various stickers on my laptop. I didn't see any twenty-five digit codes and I've already tried my Windows 10 Home key, but it didn't work. Do they want us to buy these products seperately now?

Mr Mendelli

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
I used a product key locator, and the other key was, oddly enough, for Internet Explorer. That key also didn't work. Those were the only two Microsoft keyes on my system. Where can I find the key you are referencing?

Mr Mendelli

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Yes. The key I was talking about used to be on or near the barcode attached to the machine, and it could be used to activate most of the pre-installed Microsoft products on a new machine.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if Microsoft still puts the product key for things like office on one of the various stickers on my laptop. Do they want us to buy these products seperately now?

Microsoft Office suites have never been part of any Windows operating systems.

One has to purchase them separately.

There were times computer manufacturer included a Trial version of MS Office. good for 90 days ( or something like that.)
There were also times computer manufacturers included a most "basic" version of MS Office .Any one using that will quickly realize its extremely limited functionality.
Those were computer manufacturers marketing ploys, to induce buyers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6