Windows launching issue

Sgitw

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi I bought a laptop on windows 8 a few years ago then upgraded to 8.1, later on I took the free upgrade on the same machine to windows 10 last year 2016.
Today, when I try to switch on a hybernating laptop, there was issue.
It is now stating 'no bootable media is avaliable', I can get into the BIAS, but windows will not launch.
I am not sure what has happened and how I can go about to fix this issue??

Thanks

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
The method below is doing a Clean Install.
Clean Install will not allow you to keep anything.
Since you cannot boot into that computer in question, I am afraid you will lose all your personal files and apps installed.

Clean Install is the only suggestion I can offer.

Use this Media Creation Tool link :
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=vx0YMnKW

Click the Download Tool Now button and RUN it >
select the Create installation media for another PC >
pay attention to the screen >
at one point it will show you what Edition, Language and Bit-version will be downloaded >
since you are using another computer to do this, make sure the selection given to you is what your Window 10 was actually using, if not, UN-check the box " Use the recommended options for ths PC" >
then click the pointers to make the changes > click Next >
put a dot at ISO file >
download will begin.

When iso is downloaded, right click at the iso file > click burn disk image > insert a DVD to start burning the iso file to a bootable DVD.

Take the bootable DVD to you "broken" computer > go the BiIOS and select Boot options > select to boot from CD/DVD > insert the DVD > restart computer.

That should begin installing Windows 10.
When you are asked for a product key, choose the SKIP option or the "I do not have a product key" option and continue.
Upon successful installation, activation will be automatic.

Last edited:

Sgitw

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey thanks for this, my concern here is my laptop is like licensed for windows 8 or 8.1, I worry if I install windows 10 I wont be able to register, but then this mean I could only install windiws 8 but free upgtade is no longer avaliable.
Any suggestions?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I think I did similiar thing last time, but registration to win 10 was never automaric, do you think this will be auto? Thanks

Not sure what do you mean "registration to win 10".

I was suggesting to you to register as member of Windows Central.
You said you had done so on post #4 .
That's all you need to do.
You can now surf the forums and post answers and questions.

Welcome.

Sgitw

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Not sure what do you mean "registration to win 10".

I was suggesting to you to register as member of Windows Central.
You said you had done so on post #4 .
That's all you need to do.
You can now surf the forums and post answers and questions.

Welcome.

Hi sorry that post on win 10 reg was because my laptop broke before hence I replaced the hard drive last time. Then that comes with activation issue, but I resolved it by finding out my old activation code. But I know from last time the only way it works is to install win 8 and activate, them upgrade to 10. I am just concerned and look for assured solution to fix my issue and still on windows 10 and activated. If that is not possible, I will stay at windows 8

Sgitw

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
The part with win 10 is just that I had an issue last time and back then it was hard disk failure, so I replaced it, at the time microsoft was still offering free win 10 upgrade.
I installed win10 directly, but could not properly register at win 10
What I ended up doing last time was install win 8, then activate using my win 8 code, then upgrade to 10, and it was already activated.
So just want to know if there is a sure way to install win 10 directly and activation will be ok or if I can only stay at win 8 since upgrade is no longer avaliable for free...

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
So just want to know if there is a sure way to install win 10 directly and activation will be ok

Yes, it will be OK. If you re-read my post #2 , at the end of it, I did mention that activation is automatic.

When you have Windows 10 Installed and activated as you said, you have the "Digital License" saved at the servers.
Digital License allows you to re-install the SAME edition of Windows 10 into the SAME computer any time you want and as often as you want. Activation is automatic.
You do NOT have to go back to Win 8 like you did before.

Plead read my post #2 for clean install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)