just got a surface pro. I love the idea of it but I hate the apps on windows. I'm used to my ipad and iPhone. has anyone found a way to get good apps or even a way to down load apple or galaxy apps onto windows 10. I have to use my ipad for my school books because I can't get the apps on my surface and then use my surface for getting on the online school site to submit my home work for school. I love the idea of the two and one and I love touch screens, which is why I just got a keyboard for my ipad but you cant access the online school portal without a computer. The guy at best buy said the surface pro is the best for school work. so i got it. I love everything about it but the apps.
    Does anyone else have this issue or know how to solve it? like I cant even get pinterest, just a pin button and a link to pinterest.com. Did i get the wrong lap top?
    04-25-2017 06:54 PM
    It depends what apps do you need and you need to know how to look them up in the Store.
    Here's the third party Pinterest app which I believe you need.

You can't download Android or iOS apps but there is a way to use Android apps on Windows which I however do not recommend unless you really need it. You can download an Android app player like Bluestacks. The app player will have user interface of an Android device (but is basically still going to be just a program like Word or Photoshop) and you will be able to download Android apps within the program and use them within the program, so you're basically installing it within the app player, not on your actual device.
    Island Barbie likes this.
    04-26-2017 10:09 AM
    you said you don't recommend it though? is that because it Is bad for your surface pro 4 ? thank you for the pinterest link.
    04-26-2017 12:31 PM
    that third party link didn't get me anything just an error. tried it 3 times. kept saying "can't find what you're looking for."
    04-26-2017 12:34 PM
    Well that is interesting because the link works for me.

It is not because it is bad for Surface Pro but because I simply would not do it if I didn't have real need to do so because the apps were not build for Windows 10.

If the link didn't work maybe try to search the store for "Piny".
    04-26-2017 02:42 PM
    oh okay. i may try it then. if that is the only reason. I thought you meant something along the lines of a virus or something. do you think my touch screen capabilities would go away when using it?
    04-26-2017 03:21 PM
    No, you won't loose touch screen capabilities. There is possibility of getting a virus if you click on ads within the program though.
    04-26-2017 03:37 PM
    I purchased two years of virus protection and had it installed and I also have 2 years of geek squad. will that help?
    04-26-2017 04:09 PM
    It should help if you are going to monitor anti-malware scan results. You also have built in anti-malware program anyway (Windows defender).
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-26-2017 04:22 PM
    whaaa? so i didn't need to pay for the extra 2 year anti virus protection? it already came with it?
    04-26-2017 04:25 PM
    Well if you paid for anti virus protection it is probably more advanced. Windows defender is basic but of course if you want something more advanced you can buy it. I just don't do torrents and I use adblock so I don't accidentally click on any ads that could potentially download a virus.
    04-26-2017 04:32 PM
    what are torrents ? I use google chrome and in order to do my home work I have to have allow cookies and pop ups in blocked or I can't access my school work.
    04-26-2017 06:01 PM
    Maybe you've heard of the Pirate Bay? Torrents allow you for example download movies that are not free if you're using a program that can "read" torrents like uTorrent, but there is a big chance that you get a virus when downloading torrents.
    04-27-2017 02:54 AM
    To answer your question: no, you cannot get IOS or android apps on your surface.

You could as kaktus mentioned download bluestacks but it's pretty clunky and like he said there are lots of ads and you can get infected if you don't know what you're doing or what you're clicking on .

Just be sure to have your school work always backed up on one drive or something if your computer every crashes :)
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    04-27-2017 03:47 AM
    Hi there and welcome aboard! One of the things with the SP4 is you have access to the full websites for each of these sites. You can "Pin This Page To Start" which will allow you full access to these websites. The Sp4 is powerful enough that you don't really need all of the aps to still access the full content of them.
    04-27-2017 09:12 AM