05-15-2017 12:34 PM
42 12
tools Reply
    @davidhk129
    Well since I don't own a Windows disk and just happen to have a laptop with an installed windows on it, hence I don't have ay Product key and that sticker under my laptop is completely ruined and unreadable [Probably wouldn't need that anyway] I am thinking maybe I can download an ISO file from the web and then try to activate it by some activation patch or something ?
    Not really principal but I reckon it's my only chance
    The CATCH is you cannot activate without a valid product key.
    I don't quite remember the step-by-step procedures. My recollection is that when you start to install with the iso, you will be asked for a product key. Without the key entered, you cannot continue.

It was suggested to you to talk to Microsoft Support people for your product key. You probably will have to provide all the necessary documents proofing you are the legal owner. I never try that route, so I can't say for sure what are required.
    Give it a try if that is your only way out.
    05-12-2017 03:55 PM
    @davidhk129
    Well since I don't own a Windows disk and just happen to have a laptop with an installed windows on it, hence I don't have ay Product key and that sticker under my laptop is completely ruined and unreadable [Probably wouldn't need that anyway] I am thinking maybe I can download an ISO file from the web and then try to activate it by some activation patch or something ?
    Not really principal but I reckon it's my only chance
    I sent you a PM @Sina Mousavi
    05-12-2017 04:09 PM
    The CATCH is you cannot activate without a valid product key.
    I don't quite remember the step-by-step procedures. My recollection is that when you start to install with the iso, you will be asked for a product key. Without the key entered, you cannot continue.

It was suggested to you to talk to Microsoft Support people for your product key. You probably will have to provide all the necessary documents proofing you are the legal owner. I never try that route, so I can't say for sure what are required.
    Give it a try if that is your only way out.
    Windows 7 allows you to skip the activation process for later if you have it on a flash drive or DVD.

Windows 8/8.1 although NEEDS the product key before you can even install it on the PC.
    05-12-2017 04:12 PM
    @Josiah23
    Worked like a charm! By Windows PowerShell I could find my Product ID and Product Key! Thanks man ;)

@davidhk129
    I followed @Josiah23 instructor and now I have my Product Key

PS. This editor quite sucks , I am a pro blogger don't think less of me :)
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-12-2017 04:15 PM
    @Josiah23
    Worked like a charm! By Windows PowerShell I could find my Product ID and Product Key! Thanks man ;)

@davidhk129

Nice!!!! I'm glad it worked for you

I'm not sure why I didn't think of the PowerShell earlier.
    05-12-2017 04:21 PM
    @Josiah23

@davidhk129

Are you sure that is your product key and not just the computer manufacturer key used to mas produce the computers ?
    Any way you can positively prove that ?
    Thank you.

My understanding has been that there is no program that can retrieve the pre-installed key.
    05-12-2017 04:23 PM
    @davidhk129
    Right now I don't now. I'm trying to download the ISO file now. When I'm done with it I would put the Product Key in it which I could find with this instructor => goo.gl/WFkBkA
    I'll let you know what happens
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-12-2017 04:43 PM
    @davidhk129
    Right now I don't now. I'm trying to download the ISO file now. When I'm done with it I would put the Product Key in it which I could find with this instructor => goo.gl/WFkBkA
    I'll let you know what happens
    Where do you find a website that offers Win 7 SP1 iso file ?
    Don't forget. Your Win 7 is pre-installed.
    05-12-2017 04:48 PM
    Where do you find a website that offers Win 7 SP1 iso file ?
    Don't forget. Your Win 7 is pre-installed.
    I sent you a PM also
    05-12-2017 04:58 PM
    @davidhk129
    Well you were the one who sent me the link to get the ISO file, following this link :
    https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...-download-tool
    Now I'm downloading the Win 7 Home Premium SP1 ISO file, and I hope the Product key works fine with it.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-13-2017 04:20 AM
    @Josiah23 @davidhk129
    Update : Well I burnt a bootable USB out of that ISO and try to repair my windows.
    When I set the language and then clicked on "Repair" it showed an error of this:

And when I just out of curiosity clicked on "Recovery" to see what happens it showed another error:

Then I tried to just come back to windows but apparantly some Boot error didn't let me boot my windows through HDD. I had to come back to USB ISO and as it recommended to me try to repair the error and restart the system. Now I happily got back here to see what's your opinion :)
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-13-2017 05:55 AM
    I apologize.

I cannot assist you any further.

Good luck.
    05-13-2017 07:42 AM
    @Sina Mousavi
    Alright so, quick question, are you able to boot your laptop back into Windows?
    05-13-2017 08:08 AM
    @davidhk129
    Cheers mate ;)
    @Josiah23
    Yep, that's how I'm here now
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-13-2017 10:02 AM
    @Sina Mousavi

Do you have any way of backing up your data to an external device, such as another flash drive or HDD? Like documents, applications + app data, etc...

I was thinking maybe you could back up important stuff, and wipe the drive (maybe not quite yet)

How do you normally install Windows? From booting off the USB or clicking the "setup.exe" in File Explorer in Windows itself?
    05-13-2017 12:11 PM
    @Josiah23
    Yep I have an external HDD I can do that. But I guess wiping off the drive should be the very last step for us. I don't think we'are that desperate yet :D

Well it's been a while since I last time installed a windows but I mostly use bootable disk
    05-14-2017 03:03 AM
    @Sina Mousavi
    I'm getting stumped. This error 1401 is interesting...

Got anything yet?

Maybe try repairing through "setup.exe"
    05-15-2017 12:34 PM
42 12