I have my Surface Book connected via the dock to an external screen - how do I get the surface book to recognise it as a separate screen rather than mirroring exactly what the surface screen shows (and not at the optimum resolution for the external screen? Tried the display settings, and it doesn't recognise there is a separate screen.
    05-11-2017 08:51 AM
    I have my Surface Book connected via the dock to an external screen - how do I get the surface book to recognise it as a separate screen rather than mirroring exactly what the surface screen shows (and not at the optimum resolution for the external screen? Tried the display settings, and it doesn't recognise there is a separate screen.
    capture.jpg

In the display settings, do you see "Identify" as an option? Try that.

What type of monitor you trying to connect to? And what cable are you using to do it?

To switch from mirroring displays to extended display, scroll down and select "Extend these displays."

capture.jpg

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	135650

In the display settings, do you see "Identify" as an option? Try that.

What type of monitor you trying to connect to? And what cable are you using to do it?

To switch from mirroring displays to extended display, scroll down and select "Extend these displays."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	135651

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    05-11-2017 09:42 AM