How do I split screens from Surface book to External Screen

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have my Surface Book connected via the dock to an external screen - how do I get the surface book to recognise it as a separate screen rather than mirroring exactly what the surface screen shows (and not at the optimum resolution for the external screen? Tried the display settings, and it doesn't recognise there is a separate screen.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have my Surface Book connected via the dock to an external screen - how do I get the surface book to recognise it as a separate screen rather than mirroring exactly what the surface screen shows (and not at the optimum resolution for the external screen? Tried the display settings, and it doesn't recognise there is a separate screen.

Capture.jpg

In the display settings, do you see "Identify" as an option? Try that.

What type of monitor you trying to connect to? And what cable are you using to do it?

To switch from mirroring displays to extended display, scroll down and select "Extend these displays."

Capture.jpg

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss