Blank tile for every app installed on SD card?

Yiannis_P

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2 in 1 Hewlet packard laptop/tablet and now has the latest version of Windows 10. From the beggining every app installed on the SD card always had a blank tile with a random color and in many cases not even a title inside.
After some feedback posts and research I realized not many people experience this, which I find odd because it is so annoying something had to be done after all these W10 updates.

So I wonder. Is there a possibility there's something wrong with my card (64GB Kingston) although every app installed in it works perfectly?

None of the following solved the problem:
- Uninstall and install again
- Live tile off
- Move to SD after installing to main storage
- Exiting tablet mode (tiles are also blank in desktop mode)

The file system of the card is exFAT which was recommended by Windows.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I think that's not the problem of the SD card itself, it could be an OS issue that causes reading time from SD card to increase. That happens to me too sometimes on my Asus 2-in-1. Usually I don't notice that anymore after rebooting it, sometimes it gets fixed after an update. That's pretty much all I can say on this matter, perhaps others are familiar with a fix for that.

Yiannis_P

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. You're right about slow reading. This is a reasonable explanation. I also suspect a fake or faulty card. I'll try another one and see what happens. (It looks genuine compared with some pictures of fakes I found on the net but who knows)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos