Why can't it be made as user friendly as mac is?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Generally speaking, simple = less flexible/powerful.

Mac, for me, isn't more easy to operate, because its harder to get to things I want to do. For me, its more complicated.

For me windows is easier to operate because its easier to get to the things I want to do.

I remember once on a mac I needed to change the file permissions on some files in order to delete them. I had to use a commandline, lol! (which is like that all text command thing you see sometimes hackers using in movies, if you don't know what it is - its very complicated compared to clicking on things)

Accessing properties can't be got at via a right click, you need to hold down the apple key. Lots of things like this, finding files even - its kind overly complicated IME.

If you want to click on an app, or close it, that's easy enough. But that's easy on any GUI system. In windows you can launch programs four different but equally easy ways (desktop icons, taskbar icons, the start menu tiles, and the all apps list under the start menu. All just point and click. And you close apps, or minimise and shift them exactly as you do on a max, it just has different symbols instead of coloured blobs. But they are essentially the same.

If your comparing mac's OSX to windows, it's probably more familiarity though than simplicity. First time I used a mac I had no idea what I was doing. I couldn't get to my documents, or search for anything. Everything is a learning curve, no such knowledge is obvious or present at birth.

The keyboard shortcuts for things in windows and apple are different for example. If you are used to one, it will take a little while to learn the other. Not long however -

My mum is a complete technophobe and she's learnt windows 7 or 10, or how to use android. And given she doesn't know how to most of anything, on any device, and has trouble with her smart TV, so it can't be that complicated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion