Surface pro 4

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Is it possible to receive phone calls and texts on your surface? I see a messaging app, built into windows. But I can't message from it or sync my iPhone to it. It just somehow has my phone contacts synced ? Is this possible and if so can someone walk me through the set up? Please and thank you 👌💕

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Texts are possible using Skype on both the Surface (assuming Windows 10) and a Windows 10 Mobile smartphone which the iPhone is of course, not.

2. Don't think calls are possible here.

But since you have an iPhone, you just cannot do it, it'll only have that functionality if you pair it with a Mac.

And as for contacts, you probably have it set up to sync your email or something and that so happens to be where you keep your contacts.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On a surface forum on here one guy was saying how he would text and take phone calls from his surface all the time and he keeps it with him like a phone ?
I could be wrong regarding phone calls but the only ways I'm aware of to send text messages from a computer paired to a phone...

- Mac and iPhone using iMessage (phone calls too)
- Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile using Skype. (with missed call notifications via Cortana I think...)
- Either and Android using a third-party solution like PushBullet. (Cortana might have text reply functionality, but I'm not sure if it's still intact)
- I believe BlackBerry 10 has similar functionality with BlackBerry Blend but it's been years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos