Should I enroll into Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Fast Ring now?

Lazgeor

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello! I have a question that I've been thinking about for some time now. Since the last few insider fast ring builds for mobile have only included bug fixes and other improvements, and Windows 10 Mobile is pretty much abandoned at this point, is it a good idea to move from production to fast ring and stay there to benefit from the extra bug fixes and improvements? Or is it a bad idea, because Microsoft may actually push a Redstone 3 build and then I'll have to revert all the way back to Windows Phone 8.1 in order to get to production? I don't know what to do. The reason I ask is because my Lumia 640 XL has some annoying bugs since updating to the creators update (the screen is flickering when watching videos or in the all apps view and I'm experiencing slow performance in some places), so I hope that maybe those issues have been fixed in those builds. Please answer whenever you can :smile:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't do it as there's no telling what can be improved or broken in the Fast Ring until it happens.

If anything, I'd erase the phone and start fresh (no upgrading or downgrading) and see how it is then.

Lazgeor

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your replies 😃 I already tried both a hard reset and a complete wipe of the phone (Had to upgrade all the way from 8.1 again), and those issues persist. I know that they are Creators Update related, because while the phone was on the Anniversary update, it didn't lag or flicker when watching videos. I guess I'll try the fast ring builds, and if Microsoft decides to push new features to the ring and the new builds have bugs etc. , then I'll do the whole revert thing again 😛 Hope everything goes well 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99