Has Microsoft plans to enhance Photos App ?

Samuel 444

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Photos App on Windows 10 PC is nice the edit pictures. But it lacks a lot of functions to manage a pictures Library.

I have thousands of pictures of my family, my holidays, my life. With Photos App, it is very difficult to manage such an amount of pictures.

I would like to (batch) edit the metadata of my pictures:
- add geotags
- add face tags
- add keywords
- correct the time of the picture

Then I would like to filter my Library based on these criteria.

I use Picasa for Desktop to do this. But this is an obsolete since Google killed it.

Dan, do you know if Microsoft has some plans to make these features available ?

Thanks !

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does I believe, MS showed an awesome improvement to the photos app during build 2017 and I'm sure this is just the beginning ++ Feedback hub is the best place to share your ideas...

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, its called story remix. They demo'd it at build 2017. Just put "story remix build 2017" into your search engine.

It automatically identifies people and tags them by their name. I'm sure you can edit that tag too.

Story remix probably has everything you just asked for, or at least most of it. It's due in the fall creators update at the end of the year.

asmitde

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Originally posted by Samuel 444
Photos App on Windows 10 PC is nice the edit pictures. But it lacks a lot of functions to manage a pictures Library.

I have thousands of pictures of my family, my holidays, my life. With Photos App, it is very difficult to manage such an amount of pictures.

I would like to (batch) edit the metadata of my pictures:
- add geotags
- add face tags
- add keywords
- correct the time of the picture

Then I would like to filter my Library based on these criteria.

I use Picasa for Desktop to do this. But this is an obsolete since Google killed it.

Dan, do you know if Microsoft has some plans to make these features available ?

Thanks !

I recently got an update to the Photos app on my Surface Pro 4 (on Production) it has a new UI, Fluent Design, search photos by location and face, even by name of people. It automatically groups people photos by recognizing the faces. I don't think editing metadata is there yet, I will check. But it is not the Story Remix that MS showed during build.

It is not available on my Insider Fast machine though. I think it's a part of some A/B testing.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I recently got an update to the Photos app on my Surface Pro 4 (on Production) it has a new UI, Fluent Design, search photos by location and face, even by name of people. It automatically groups people photos by recognizing the faces. I don't think editing metadata is there yet, I will check. But it is not the Story Remix that MS showed during build.

It is not available on my Insider Fast machine though. I think it's a part of some A/B testing.

Automatically grouping people by recognising faces is a feature MS attributed to story remix. What you have is probably a part way thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos