Why is my phone charging slowly?

Muhammad Nura

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I've tried like 5 chargers and nothing changed, it still charge slowly, including the charger that the phone came with. But connecting it to PC will let it charge the normal way. Please help me out, it's really ******* me up. I'm on the latest build of creators update (not insider) and the phone is Lumia 640 XL

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
OK, but hwat I understand you are using several chargers and it's not charging the as it should, but if you plug it to the USB port on a PC it's charging as fast as it suppose to do it, in that case it could be a problem in the software side, maybe it's only matter of an app waiting feedback from the USB.

Let me try to explain it, if you have some app activated when the USB port is connected and it's not receiving any signal from the USB (like when it's a regular charger which only sends power using 2 of the 4 pins of the USB plug) it can limit the amount of current received for the charger.

Most of the apps which can cause that are "Optimizers", also some antivirus and cleaners could do that as what they call "overcharge protection".

So try to see if you have any app related to the use of the battery.

Hopefully it can help you to solve your problem.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Looks then as a problem with the internal software, I'm not as good on it, but sometimes (and if you are able to do it) a hard reset could help.

I'm sorry not being helpful, if the problem is related with the CPU and/or the software it's out of my range of knowledge, but refreshing the phone usually helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes