Did Windows 10 Creators Update of July fix some of the speed issues?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,
I'm Ryan and I tried updating my Dell Optiplex GX620 with 2GB of RAM, SeaGate Barracuda 80GB HDD and Intel Integrated Graphics(which was connected to a Sony Bravia TV) to Windows 8.1.
Everything worked flawlessly, then I got the idea to upgrade to Windows 10 after a few months of use.
I upgraded using the Upgrade Assistant, which told me all of my hardware was gonna work fine. I installed it, and the first thing I noticed during the personalization setup was that the resolution was incorrect. A part of the screen wasn't showing because the screen was a bit more higher than the normal resolution. It was still slow, but anyway. I had enabled Cortana, and then went over to Windows Update to let it update by itself (This was during the Anniversary Update, by the way). That fixed my screen resolution, but the computer was still slow. So after a few days of use I downgraded back to Windows 8.1. Suddenly some of my tiles were removed, and my name groups disappeared.
So, was it the fault of the Anniversary update or was it because I didn't do a fresh install?
If it's because of the Anniversary Update, did Creators Update fix it?
Sometimes I think it happened just because my PC was old, but my friend told me this:
"As long as it can run Windows 8.1, it can run Windows 10"
But my friend had the same speed issues anyway and quickly downgraded.
I can go through the hassle of trying it out again myself, but I just wanna know your thoughts. Feel free to reply!

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central

Your issue is with drivers not playing well with Windows 10, if you didn't get the upgrade from Windows update then your OEM Dell here hasn't updated their drivers for Windows 10, the best thing todo is to look for the drivers online on Dell's site and install them manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss