Qi charging - any trick to getting it to work?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I got this wireless charging pad, QI that's supposed to be compatible with my Lumia 950, which is an unlocked at&t Lumia 950.

But it doesn't automatically seem to work.. Is there any setting or trick to this?

Could it be something to do with the contacts on the cover? Would a wd40/isopropyl treatment of the contacts help?

Should I buy a new back cover?

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure it's lined up, maybe move the phone around slowly and see if it starts charging at any point.

If you can test it with another device, do so. There is no setting, it should be just like plugging your phone in.

Is the pad powered, can you charge something else in that outlet? Make sure the contacts are making contact, I don't think an alcohol rub will make a difference.

It's too early to say what is going wrong.

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Gave up on my Lumia 950. It worked, but charged slowly even with a thicker cable and powerful wall charger. Do you have a rear case on your cover? Has proven to be a hindrance to wireless charging.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Make sure it's lined up, maybe move the phone around slowly and see if it starts charging at any point.

If you can test it with another device, do so. There is no setting, it should be just like plugging your phone in.

Is the pad powered, can you charge something else in that outlet? Make sure the contacts are making contact, I don't think an alcohol rub will make a difference.

It's too early to say what is going wrong.

You helped me!

I tested the supplied microUS cable, with another device, and it was bung. Changed cable, now it works :)

Thanks!

Gave up on my Lumia 950. It worked, but charged slowly even with a thicker cable and powerful wall charger. Do you have a rear case on your cover? Has proven to be a hindrance to wireless charging.

I specifically got a QI charge that does 9W, because I suspected QI charging might be a bit slow otherwise.

Will have to see how will it performs. I do have a thin case, but it seems to still work if I line it up right, now I've gotten the cable problem sorted!

Last edited by a moderator:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Just wanted to thank you guys again, now I have this twenty buck QI wireless charger running, I don't have to worry about plugging in any more. Works perfectly, even with the imak case, just have to line up the middle of the device.

Happy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05