Surface connector

Asbmor

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone here who knows technical specifications on the magnetic connector on the Surface devices from Pro 3 and up. This connector appears to be a very powerful I / O, but I have never heard any specifications on it. Furthermore, I find it strange that there are no 3-part equipment that makes use of it. If this is universal, it should be possible to connect a Surface Pro 3/4 to the keyboard of an Surface Book if you could make the connection. Also a portable hub with I / O that does not need, but can make use of, external power supply, could this be possible? Has the feeling that this connector has an unexplored and untapped potential. What if the phone got the same connector? Could you have docked it in the Performance Base for Surface Book? Or a dock for Continuum support? That last one would realy open a window to try using Continuum full time.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I honestly feel that USB Type-C is a more capable and flexible universal port. The appeal of the Surface Connector is its magnetic capabilities.
I also don't think Microsoft is ever going to open the Surface Connector to third party OEM's. I believe the Surface Connector will remain entirely under Microsoft's thumb, and I don't think what you're suggesting would really work without third-party accessory makers partaking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon