For a Teacher: Surface Pro or Surface Laptop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Between the versatile Surface Pro, and the gorgeous Surface Laptop (both at 8gb RAM and 256gb SSD), which device would you recommend for a teacher?

I have had my sights set on getting a new surface device for the past several years (I am stuck with the original Pro and a Toshiba laptop), and now seems like it might be a great time to buy. In regards to my usage, I am looking for a device that I could use for both personal consumption (YouTube, Netflix, music, taking notes, reading, casual gaming, etc.) and for using within the classroom (creating lesson plans, grading assignments, possibly using the device during instruction).

Both devices look wonderful, but I have concerns about the Surface Pro's battery life, screen size, and the Pro's true potential as a laptop replacement. In regards to the Surface Laptop, I am a little uneasy about the lack of MicroSD, as well as its handicapped inking potential.

In essence, for a teacher, both in the classroom and on the couch, which device would you recommend for overall reliability, versatility, and battery life? Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think surface pro, because surface laptop cannot be fixed if there was problem with him. (alcantara) In surface pro you just buy new keyboard + it is smaller and it have windows 10 pro

To be fair, the Surface Pro can't be fixed either if anything goes wrong.

I would go for the Pro between the two however, it sounds like the tablet/pen/note-taking capabilities would better. Also check out the competition as Dell might have a convertible that's better suited for you but eh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6