How can I get my desktop dell to work better.??

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Check task manager and see what's using up your resources, you may have software running in the background. Run a virus scan and make sure your computer isn't infected. Telling us more about your computer would help.

Chris Knopff

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Details of the system helps. Remove any applications that are unused or not reliant on other applications. Clean up the system. If you use an app like CCleaner watch what you actually clean. If using an SSD, ignore things like Disk Defragmentation.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
All the apps mentioned above are excellent! Let me also add Spybot Search and Destroy to the list. It sounds like your system may be bogged down with spyware, malware, or a virus. You can try self remedy using the programs mentioned. I would use Spybot, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, AND an Anti-Virus program such as McAfee, Symantac, AVG, or Avira Antivir. (I use Avira free version). OR you can take the computer to a repair shop for cleaning, which will cost you between 50 to 150 dollars. Most likely they will need to wipe your computer. YOU may need to or want to wipe the computer also. Check with Dell Support on how to do this for your model....

Support | Dell US

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb