Is my computer having a hardware or software issue?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When in use or after pressing the "on" button, I sometimes get a blue screen error message with the sad face. This message has showed different errors including a disk error. I turn it off holding the on button for a few seconds, and it will turn on to show me the login screen. I type in my password, and a black screen with a cursor appears.
When this happens, I open the task manager, click on file, run, msconfig, boot, check the safe mode option. In safe mode, I do win + r, msconfig, and uncheck the safe mode option. Restart it, and everything goes back to normal.

I'm just wondering, is it a corrupt registry? A problem with my hard disk? Or maybe a windows update (one of the automatic updates) causing me trouble?

bortovic

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
it might be also a problem with ur motherboard or even some ram module.
so yes, try to reinstall the windows, if this does not work then try to use different disk, if this does not work, then try to use different ram modules, if this does not work then try to use a different motherboard, if this also does not work, then try to get some official support

Chris Knopff

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
You should take note of the errors that come up. Each error has its own error code that can help direct to the right answer. That being said, I'd probably say HDD or something in the boot of the OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven