950xl, reboots and black screen crashes

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
I have an issue where my xl either will randomly give me a black screen where a soft reset is required or just a random reboot. I have the slow ring installed, i have tried device hard reset and also reset using wdrt but to no avail.

Someone i saw saying a battery issue could be a cause but i contacted Microsoft and then sent me to B2X they deal with the servicing of the Lumia range. They got me to download their app from the store and use the battery checker. It came back the battery was good so now to send in for repair.

Do you think i should or just get hold of another battery?

Thoughts would be appreciated

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
You need to take out the battery and check for swelling. Try putting it on a flat surface, does it spin? Test both sides. If it has swollen even a little then the contact may be intermittent, causing issue. A test with the B2X app probably won't always see the issue.

RupertL

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
I have this problem and have replaced the battery and sent it to B2X 3 times so far. Still doesn't work. Try using the windows device recovery tool and then stopping the subsequent updates from being applied after - think that might work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion