Is windows 10 tablet with ATOM worth considering when ARM is coming?

iVel004

May 11, 2017
Visit site
To make it simple, I've been searching for a portable device for productivity at university that doesn't cost much for any office apps, web and pdf.

So far, there's the Asus Transformer mini T102HA with 4gb ram and intel atom x5 for only 285$, but there's also news that the first PC with snapdragon processor is coming at the end of 2017.

Therefore, is ARM tablet going to cost like the atom or where along the pentium/celeron, m3/m5 and i3/i5/i7 processors ?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
If I were you I would wait for the ARM device. I own T100HA and while it sometimes provides quite a nice experience, most of the time it's just frustrating, although it's better now when I made a clean installation of Windows 10. You shouldn't expect any insane speeds, UWP apps perform better than legacy win32 desktop (exe) apps.

The price of ARM based devices should be about the same as atom powered devices (depending on manufacturer and features) while you'd likely get better performance. I personally regret buying it, but once my upgrade time comes I'll definitely go with an ARM based device. The choice is yours however and if you can't wait a few more months and if you don't need pen functionality you should be fine for tasks like light web browsing, Office apps and PDF reading if you decide to go for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010