Need a fast VPN for Streaming.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

I have been using netflix for all my streaming needs, but lately I have been travelling a lot so I need a VPN that is fast enough for streaming and bypassing geo-restrictions. Need suggestions, ready to invest in to a paid service, but it should worth the price.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I've used ExpressVPN for years and have no issues with Netflix (also use in China:), and it has worked really well with all my Windows devices over the years, for the most part...which is a big plus. Keep in mind that it will probably slow your internet speed by about 20-40%

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes exactly that is what the problem is it is not 100% china wall proof and there are mixed results.
@Wilsondrake, I believe it is the radar/radar dector syndrome:

police use radar gun,
driver gets radar detector,
police get new band radar gun,
driver gets new radar band detector,
and so on.......

ExpressVPN is HQ'd in HK (if I remember correctly), and was able to circumvent the Chinese ban in the past, but Chinese realize the breach and block the process. I have been able to navigate around the block on one trip, and be block the very next trip - in the same city, staying in the same hotel. It's always been a hit and miss.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
@Wilsondrake, I believe it is the radar/radar dector syndrome:

police use radar gun,
driver gets radar detector,
police get new band radar gun,
driver gets new radar band detector,
and so on.......

ExpressVPN is HQ'd in HK (if I remember correctly), and was able to circumvent the Chinese ban in the past, but Chinese realize the breach and block the process. I have been able to navigate around the block on one trip, and be block the very next trip - in the same city, staying in the same hotel. It's always been a hit and miss.

It may be then, unfortunately, that no matter what VPN service you use, because of the location, it may always be hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans