Windows 6.5 handheld + google docs

defje

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Greetings from Belgium,
Asked microsoft tech support but they can't help me.
Is it possible to run google docs, in specific google sheets on windows 6.5 handheld embedded?
Can you open a link out of your mail (example google sheet) into a new window?
Or does it have the sandbox limitations as windowsphone?
Would like to buy a pda with windows or should i just go android?
Thx for any tips.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Mobile 6.5 is practically an antique as far as the world of smartphones is concerned!

Your only option would be the use the web browser, like Opera, but your success will likely be very limited as any browser on Windows Mobile is not up to modern standards. Heck, Windows Phone 8.1's IE is just starting to show its age.

The best option would be to pick up a relatively current device. So that means an iPhone from the past couple / few years depending on budget or an Android phone, but you'll have to pick more carefully in Android land rather than just buying the cheapest phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned that you're on 6.5 Embedded. If this is so, you are good until January 2020 which is when CE-based WinMo will finally meet its demise. Right now Zebra (formerly Symbol and formerly Motorola Mobility) is the only OEM producing WinMo handhelds and they have a robust download section on their support website.

If you do not have a Zebra, you're truly out of gas because consumer builds stopped short of adopting the auth certificates needed to sync with Google. I believe you need to be on build 23085 and newer for this to happen. I know they're expensive but the Zebra/Motorola TC55 is the most up-to-date WinMo device right now. The ES400, which I used to own, was EOL as of this past February.

Amazing that WinMo 6.5 outlived Windows Phone 7 & 8. Actually, it's funny as hell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa