Anyone fixed Shutdown with Battery < 50% by buying a new one?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have Win 10 Mobile and the same problem as many of you have:
If my battery charge is below 50% the phone may often (not always) suddenly shut down. Especially if I use the camera intensely.
As many of you I'm unsure if it's Windows latest fault or the battery is worn out (maybe thanks to new Quick-Charging protocols).

Could any of you fix the problem with buying a new battery or does the problem still continue?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I were to be greeted by this behavior, my first reaction would be to get a replacement.

I had a friend who owns a Moto X and it started exhibiting that behavior. A battery replacement solved it.

Windows8To10

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I installed Battery Status 10 after you estimated that the battery was broken and well: 14% loss in 11 Minutes (I did barely anything), 13% loss in 17 Minutes (I was browsing)...
Conclusion: I think you are right. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

To my defense: It gotten far worse in the last days. The battery seems to die quicker and quicker every day. And it had the "Shut down with charge < 50%" even when it discharged far slower.

Windows8To10

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I almost forgot to answer: Yes, you were absolutely right. With a new battery I don't have the problem with the crashing camera app anymore. It seems that one of the battery cells died. I assume I'm to blame, because I often used a power cell with a quick-charging function -- which can damage batteries with its high power output!
I couldn't find a vendor for original MS batteries, so I bought a 3rd party one, it works fine but the the header status bar shows that the battery strangely can never be charged to full 100%, whatever: Overall it works fine now :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte