Microsoft's "Always Connected" Game Plan - "beginning" to unfold !!!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It sure appears that this latest series of announcements at Computex 2017 (May 31, 2017) is clearly signaling how Satya Nadella is positioning for a "Cloud First, Mobile First" ecosystem.

Perhaps, the "long rumored Surface Phone" IS ACTUALLY - as many people, including Daniel on the latest podcast - is actually more like a "Surface POCKETable" device ... Always Connected via eSIM and LTE.

I quote from the announcements below:

"New “Always Connected PCs” allow constant connectivity
There is a new generation of users that need to be connected to the cloud at all times. They are students, creators, freelancers, small businesses, and enterprises.* This means sharing experiences across screens and leveraging the latest network technology like gigabit LTE and eSIM. We are collaborating with our ecosystem on a shared vision. This starts with a close partnership at the silicon layer, with Intel and Qualcomm and with our mobile operator partners to provide seamless eSIM connectivity. Microsoft device partners ASUS, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, VAIO, and Xiaomi, are committed to this new category of Always Connected PCs using eSIM technology. In addition, Microsoft announced Always Connected devices will be coming from ASUS, HP, and Lenovo on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset. These new devices will feature Windows 10, always-on LTE connectivity and great battery life."

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ion-always-connected-pcs-mr-iot-computex-2017

I'd BUY this in a heartbeat and we have many customers that will as well !!!

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
This is what I've been thinking for awhile. I see it even clearer now. One part of my office is the registrar of voters for Los Angeles. The election peeps are looking at changing the model for voting from 5,000 precincts with low tech and open for one day to 100 or so voting centers open for two weeks. One big issue I see is supporting secure network connectivity for the roughly 20 to 40 devices at each location. Gigabit LTE and eSIM would be beneficial as we could incorporate secure private networking without needing to rely on local LAN and public infrastructure.

Keep in mind that LA County has close to 4M voters and a total of 10M residents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans