My phone battery died and I can't charge it?

kittypuffy60

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm quite desperate to get this fixed..

Well, today my phone was all fine, battery didn't drain fast or anything, normally.
Then I've tried to charge it when it was on 3 - 4% but it didn't want to charge which probably might be a problem with port.

It died then & now I can't do anything.

Thank you. [I have lumia 640 ds]

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm quite desperate to get this fixed..

Well, today my phone was all fine, battery didn't drain fast or anything, normally.
Then I've tried to charge it when it was on 3 - 4% but it didn't want to charge which probably might be a problem with port.

It died then & now I can't do anything.

Thank you. [I have lumia 640 ds]

Have to ask, did you try a different charger?

As sometimes the cables inside the wires get frayed and do not charge unless you twist the cable around. If so you've got a faulty cable charger and the easiest way to tell if you have a damaged port is if the phone vibrates if you press the portion attached to the phone gently to either side and it vibrates = damaged port.

Secondly, try a replacement battery?

If none of the above work, you will either have to replace the port manually or have to take to repair centre. It's not to difficult to replace the port as there are plenty of disassembly videos on youtube and the tools cost less than what you'll pay for at the service centre. The issue is finding a reliable part and as it's the 640 DS the best bet as of now would be ebay sadly.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, tried different charger but nothing.. literally i dont know what to do :(

Did you try a different socket outlet? I've had that happen to me before

if the different charger didn't work nor the different socket outlet, then the other thing I can think of is whether the battery is firmly in position in the phone

But if that isn't the issue, then you'll have to get the phone repaired

Ty to locate the official MS repair center or if none are available locally, then try any mobile phone repair shop in your locality

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb