I am new to windows. How can I learn all of the windows command prompts like \\x-xxxxxxxxxxxx\c$\

saintsalive

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
My background is mainframe. I am now working in a position where windows is the main tool. I need to know of a book that will teach me everything and all of the windows command prompts. An example is \\x=xxxxxxxxxxx\c$\. I want to learn / know all of the commands and what they are for. Like is someone emails you an executable file as a doc file what command can I use to copy it over to a server as an exe? So, again, recommend a good book for dummies that will move me forward.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My background is mainframe. I am now working in a position where windows is the main tool. I need to know of a book that will teach me everything and all of the windows command prompts. An example is \\x=xxxxxxxxxxx\c$\. I want to learn / know all of the commands and what they are for. Like is someone emails you an executable file as a doc file what command can I use to copy it over to a server as an exe? So, again, recommend a good book for dummies that will move me forward.

There is a fairly old book, dos for dummies by Dan Gookin.

Also these may be helpful:

channel9.msdn.com

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd5f4hyy(v=vs.71).aspx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon