My background is mainframe. I am now working in a position where windows is the main tool. I need to know of a book that will teach me everything and all of the windows command prompts. An example is \\x=xxxxxxxxxxx\c$\. I want to learn / know all of the commands and what they are for. Like is someone emails you an executable file as a doc file what command can I use to copy it over to a server as an exe? So, again, recommend a good book for dummies that will move me forward.
    08-31-2017 07:35 PM
    My background is mainframe. I am now working in a position where windows is the main tool. I need to know of a book that will teach me everything and all of the windows command prompts. An example is \\x=xxxxxxxxxxx\c$\. I want to learn / know all of the commands and what they are for. Like is someone emails you an executable file as a doc file what command can I use to copy it over to a server as an exe? So, again, recommend a good book for dummies that will move me forward.
    There is a fairly old book, dos for dummies by Dan Gookin.

Also these may be helpful:

channel9.msdn.com

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd5f4hyy(v=vs.71).aspx
    Laura Knotek and jmshub like this.
    08-31-2017 08:46 PM