Why Does the Windows Central App Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
This app is totally useless. Cannot post from it, AND if you happen to have it installed on mobile? Whenever you try to post via the web (did I mention that you can't post from your crappy app), guess what it does? It opens the app. Unbelievable!

Either fix this app, or remove it from the store. I went as far as to download the NON Windows 10 version for mobile, and it doesn't work. But that is to be expected. Neither Dan, Zak or anyone there will acknowledge the issue and offer a timetable for a fix.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
There are several threads about the WC app. It hasn't worked in a while and not sure its authors care. On mobile I can understand but desktop? Leaves me scratching me head.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, let's see. If companies weren't abandoning MS by removing or not supporting their apps? It may have been different. But I don't blame companies for bolting. Except those that cover the products. When you have an app that doesn't work on either platform, you may want to change the name of the app. Windows Central? Really?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, let's see. If companies weren't abandoning MS by removing or not supporting their apps? It may have been different. But I don't blame companies for bolting. Except those that cover the products. When you have an app that doesn't work on either platform, you may want to change the name of the app. Windows Central? Really?
I asked for the time and you tell me how to build a clock. Microsoft has nothing to do with the person, or persons, who develop the apps for MN. If you say the app sucks because of lazy devs who don't put much effort into their work, I'm all for it. Don't blame the builder for a crappy house if the new owners paint it purple with orange trim.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has nothing to do with the person, or persons, who develop the apps for MN.

Technically true, but I'm not convinced that this is all on the developers. The more I see, the more I wonder if WP/W10M as an OS is in such a state that it is near impossible to make certain apps work well, depending on their requirements.

Few Windows mobile apps work as well as do their iOS and Android counterparts, and you could even include Microsoft's own apps here without stretching your imagination. This could of course also be because developers don't put as much effort into W10M apps because of the lower user base.

But what do I know?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Technically true, but I'm not convinced that this is all on the developers. The more I see, the more I wonder if WP/W10M as an OS is in such a state that it is near impossible to make certain apps work well, depending on their requirements.

Few Windows mobile apps work as well as do their iOS and Android counterparts, and you could even include Microsoft's own apps here without stretching your imagination. This could of course also be because developers don't put as much effort into W10M apps because of the lower user base.

But what do I know?
One thing that never gets mentioned is whether Windows apps require more stringent security measures. As for Microsoft apps working better on competing platforms, that is patently false. Just look at the forums and read the complaints about Outlook not performing 2-way syncing, Groove not playing offline files, OneDrive not uploading photos consistently, Cortana not reading texts over Bluetooth and the list goes on.

It's a fun pastime to rag on Windows and mobile in particular. But the sad fact is the apps are better, which is why so many people use them on iOS and Android. They run better natively on Windows phones and that is a sore spot with many. How can this lowly Lumia 640 do email, calendar, cloud storage and document handling better than a $1000 iPhone and have a superior voice assistant for only $40?

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
One thing that never gets mentioned is whether Windows apps require more stringent security measures. As for Microsoft apps working better on competing platforms, that is patently false. Just look at the forums and read the complaints about Outlook not performing 2-way syncing, Groove not playing offline files, OneDrive not uploading photos consistently, Cortana not reading texts over Bluetooth and the list goes on.

It's a fun pastime to rag on Windows and mobile in particular. But the sad fact is the apps are better, which is why so many people use them on iOS and Android. They run better natively on Windows phones and that is a sore spot with many. How can this lowly Lumia 640 do email, calendar, cloud storage and document handling better than a $1000 iPhone and have a superior voice assistant for only $40?

Do you hear your self??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234