Glance on Lumia 928

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently replaced my Lumia 928 with a new one I got off ebay. Did all the updates - Denim. Says all updates are installed but I don't have the Glance screen app in settings. What have I missed? How do I get Glance screen on my new Lumia 928?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 929 - Lumia Icon and the Lumia 930 does not support Glance due to the lack of display memory, that was a major snafu on Nokia's part.

It's the only thing I miss from my Lumia 920.

See corrected post for additional details.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Correction: Post corrected - See post: forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=465381&p=3705494&viewfull=1#post3705494

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Somone on the forums stated they got glance to work on the 929/930 actually. I have yet to find a way to bypass the limitations set in the Glance screen app to allow it to run on supposedly "non-supported" devices.

If you lost Glance it is probably because Microsoft eventually migrated it away from the Nokia Glance app and into a build in OS feature that they maintain. For some reason that left behind certain devices. I think the 1320, and other x2x devices lost glance screen if updating to certain versions of W10 mobile. If you lost it in WP8 then that is a new one for me... You can get the old glance screen back it just takes a bit of tweaking and know which files and reg setting to add back.

Edit: Also try to sideload the glance app. That might restore it honestly. In windows phone 8 you can side load using certain tools, but you need to developer unlock the phone first.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
TechFreak

Thank you for the answer but my old 928 had glance and it always works flawlessly.
Ah, my appologies there was the Lumia 928, then Lumia 929 that was the Icon not the 928.

Been buried under a mountain of books :grincry: and work.

The Lumia 928 had glance which came with Amber and not default (out of the box) whereas the 929 (the Icon) did not.

Try the sysapp pusher app to download the hidden system apps.

www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/sysapp-pusher/9wzdncrfhvls?rtc=1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills