MS Band 2 replacements?

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So, my MS Band 2 tore itself apart today in a 3rd location. This time the rubber tore all the way around the front, and about half way round the back. The other two places it had torn I repaired with some clear flexible rubber glue that worked well. But alas I think this time it is a goner. I really loved that product, except for the crapper rubber they used that kept wearing out.

So are there any good alternatives to the band 2? I use it less as a fitness device and more for notifications and control of the Windows 10 mobile media player. I really hate it every time Microsoft has a great product, and they discontinue it or stop supporting it. (yep, still holding on to my Lumia 950 here)

https://twitter.com/mr2man/status/910940195184312320

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery on mine seems to be dying (doesn't hold a charge), so I'm looking for a replacement too. I got mine replaced as a MS store for tearing, but now they don't carry them so I can't get it replaced again. Starting to wish I bought a backup one.

I'm tempted to try and repair mine. I really love the look and feel, the UI, and the features, and there's very few other options out there. Fitbit seems to be the only option that'll work with Windows, but they tend to focus on fitness and I'm not a fan of their UI or hardware.

You could maybe try to build some sort of new band for it? The metal casing for the hardware should be intact, if you have the skills you could try to rebuild the strap out of a different material (fabric or leather). It's not like you can make it much worse.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
As much as I love the MS Band and MS Band 2, I ended up switching to a Fitbit Surge, Mainly because they support Windows phone. At the moment though you don't really get notifications. But I find it great as a fitness tracker, especially for running.

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So I guess there is no good alternative for me. I'm not a runner (bad knees), and I wanted something that was more for notifications and media control. I swear Microsoft has lost almost all consumer focus, other than the xbox.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss