Lumia 950 XL screen broken

mixiegrinder

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I dropped my Lumia 950 XL. The screen has a very thin crack line, almost indistinguishable, running diagonally in the lower half of the phone. Touchscreen is working absolutely fine. Now do I need to replace the entire touch screen assembly which is about 200 dollars? There is also another item called outer glass on amazon for 10 or 20 dollars. Should I instead go for this, considering my touchscreen is working fine? Also, what is the difference between the two? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I am not certain on how the 950 XLs digtitizer is assembled but I believe replacing just the outer glass is difficut. You would need to seperate it from the actual AMOLED screen without damaging it. Likely with a heat gun and other tools. see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TaOhIkjNU

If you want to replace it yourself. the Glass/Digitizer assembly and frame is what you would want to get for an easier fix for the phone, though it does run more money. I have repalced removed screens from several different phones, and that is the only way I do it personally (the full assembly and frame).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills