Second hand Windows Phone buyer - need help

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi WP Users,

I recently bought a second hand windows phone online. I got it for a very cheap price. Following are the device details:

Device: HTC 8X

The device is acting weirdly. Whatsapp is crashing in fact not responding at all, apps are not responding well. Its too slow. The owner of the phone had already told me about the phone.

I have a question though for the the WP users? If I hard reset the device will I get the 8.1 os?

Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi WP Users,

I recently bought a second hand windows phone online. I got it for a very cheap price. Following are the device details:

Device: HTC 8X

The device is acting weirdly. Whatsapp is crashing in fact not responding at all, apps are not responding well. Its too slow. The owner of the phone had already told me about the phone.

I have a question though for the the WP users? If I hard reset the device will I get the 8.1 os?

Thanks

If you hard reset a device, it will reinstall the same o/s build that was on the device. It's impossible for the o/s to downgrade or upgrade itself after a hard reset, unless you upgrade the o/s via the settings app or flash a lower build rom.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs