All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Bross76

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

First of all I presuming you are using windows 10?

Can you access the hard drive easily?

If you can try plugging it into an external enclosure and checking on a seperate PC, if your data is there and pluggin in the external enclosure to your laptop still shows an empty D: drive then you will need to reinstall the o/s or refresh.

However if your data is not visible using a external enclosure, get the free pro + winpe trial of the Easeus data recovery tool to recover your data.

I would also recommend stop using the D drive immediately to prevent data loss through over writes until you check the drive with an enclosure.

However if you cannot access the hard drive easily, although not recommended download the data recovery tool to C: and install to C:. Run a check your D drive and back up your data that way.

Once done, try refreshing the o/s without deleting your data option via the settings -> recovery -> reset this PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99