What to buy when from scratch?

mikeyt01

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Consider me utter newbie at all. Gotta surface pro 4 and a brand new Samsung smart TV. Can't tell model as in storage at mo. Setting up a new flat soon and so chucking old pioneer record player w dual tape and Cd. Led to believe Surface can perform miracles. Can I get it to be: my desktop with TV as monitor; my sound system with iTunes as source; stream stuff to my TV; basically be my hub of all electronix? Cost *may* be an object but assume not. Ultimate bachelor pad required...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A straight-forward method I would do is probably get a dock and wire it up with adapters and whatnot to hook into the TV (HDMI probably), your existing sound system (aux), etc. I'm not sure on wireless solutions.

Although if the Surface is going to be a dedicated device I would absolutely get something else like an older Mac Mini or docked ThinkPad.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The Surface can be a great hub for all of your toys, but for something along the lines of what you're trying to do, I'd probably get a little Windows PC or something in that area. The Surface can be all you want it to be, but it'll always be a portability first device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium