Why doesnt Microsoft care about security?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC). These types of support issues are not something that we can assist with directly.
As such, this email thread has been closed and will no longer be monitored.

The appropriate page to contact support is available at:

'Contact us'
<https://..............................>

Or you can call support at:

"Microsoft Customer Service"
1 (800) 642-7676

If you are international:

"Support"
<https://.........................>

Regards,

Tyler 
MSRC

------------------- Original Message -------------------
Hello,

I am using Nokia Lumia 930, OS build 10.0.15063.674
There are all signs I`ve fallen a victim of phone creeper or something very similar.

1. I receive offensive popup notifications
2. I know my personal information has been compromised
3. Phone screen blinks when idle
4. Battery gets empty faster than normal

Does Microsoft have a solution for this?
Microsoft *** recommended me to contact you.

Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A couple things going on here...

1. You emailed the wrong place, I'm not familiar with MSRC but it sounds like they handle a lot bigger things than your phone. It'd be like if I went to the FBI with a report of my phone being stolen, but I'm actually not sure if I didn't just lose my phone. They would probably refer me to my local police and end communications.

2. Your problems are not necessarily consistent with a widespread security breach, in fact, the second two could be attributed to worn-out or damaged hardware, which is not a security problem.

These are something that could be handled by frontline customer support or maybe even a discussion board like here. How do you know your personal information has been compromised? Offensive popups can occur in the web browser and nothing bad will actually happen.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You have an unsupported phone on the Creator Update which means you probably did a series of reg edits to get there and you're complaining? Seriously? At least I know I won't come off as ridiculous when I call Yamaha to complain their 250HP Saltwater Series sank my Jon boat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720