Is Cortana on Android not interactive?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I switched to Android from Windows 10 mobile and have downloaded Cortana to try it out as an alternative assistant to Google Assistant. On my android phone, Cortana is not as responsive or interactive as she is on Windows mobile. For example, if you try to send a text message, Cortana simply starts the message but you have to finish writing/sending it manually. Cortana does not confirm or send the message by voice. The same is true for adding events to a calendar, emailing etc.

Can anyone else with Android confirm that this Cortana behavior is normal on Android?

It's too bad, Cortana on Android isn't really a usable option.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Cortana is crap on android. In typical Microsoft fashion they focused on adding crap like themes rather than useful functionality. But they will happily tell you to use the service while they bury a working solution. Morons.

Sent from mTalk

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
if Google could ever figure out where I was. I stopped using it because Google home would alert me about the local sports teams I have NO interest in but and never give an update on the ones I actually searched for updates on. The assistant didn't do any better for me and the location services always recommended stuff that was so far away it would take me hours to get there, not good when you are looking for a local place to eat (BTW i live in a large city, which is overrun with options for anything). ohh and don't get me started on Concerts/comedy shows/etc google would tell me the night of that a band/comic was performing in my area while Cortana would alert me weeks in advance (early enough to buy tickets). But Cortana keeps getting worse often it prompts me for weird searches and won't bring me to the my day or interests screen right away, i had to go through the Halloween costume questionnaire like 10x this month just to access Cortana. ON Windows Mobile I stop tracking a package and be done with it, on Android i have to go into notebook.. packages and remove each one as they are delivered and i also have to enter them into Cortana manually on Windows mobile they for a long time would auto populate, still Google for me doesn't even know those packages exist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb