Has Windows Hello stopped working for you with the Fall Creators Update?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a RealSense F200 camera. Since I installed the FCU, I noticed Windows Hello stopped working.

Fails to inialize the camera on the login screen. It also fails the camera setup.

The camera works, as a webcam. What doesn't seem to work is the red light dot that used to light up when in use (ie, the IR camera).

The device admin in the control panel shows only a single camera. I don't remember well but I think it's supposed to have a separate driver for the IR part of the camera?

Anyway, did anyone get the same problem?

en2012

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have same issue after FCU, the IR cam is on and recognized my face, however it not getting into the OS, need to type PIN to login. This is only happened on every time when I turn on the PC, but it is fine if on screen saver or awake from sleep.

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I have same issue after FCU, the IR cam is on and recognized my face, however it not getting into the OS, need to type PIN to login. This is only happened on every time when I turn on the PC, but it is fine if on screen saver or awake from sleep.

I am having the same issue after the fall creators update, the windows hello successfully recognizes my face, but it does not go to the OS and instead goes back to the lock screen where I have to input my pin, but in the background it has loaded the OS. I have tried updating the drivers but to no avail. It only happens when i'm booting up from a shutdown or a restart.

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue. THE windows hello successfully recognizes my face, but does not load to the OS screen, it instead goes to the lock screen where I have to input my PIN, although it loads the OS in the background. This also only happens to me when I turn on the PC from a shut down or a restart.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

It works when you awake it from sleep? That's weirder even. I thought after the update it just didn't work.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I got to fix it.

I just went to the devices & printers screen in the old control panel, then right clicking on the camera just choose "troobleshooting". Now the red light turns on and I get depth scanning too. I could scan my face again in setup for Hello recognition (I had deleted it), and I locked the PC to try it. The red light turns on together with the green one and it recognizes my face.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Works about 5 times faster on my SP4 now. Before it took up to 10 seconds to log me in, and now its immediately done.

I did have some issues on the first few days though...

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
I got to fix it.

I just went to the devices & printers screen in the old control panel, then right clicking on the camera just choose "troobleshooting". Now the red light turns on and I get depth scanning too. I could scan my face again in setup for Hello recognition (I had deleted it), and I locked the PC to try it. The red light turns on together with the green one and it recognizes my face.

I tried to follow your steps but I could not see the "camera" in the devices and printers, would it be possible if you could provide screen shots with the steps?

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
I got to fix it.

I tried to follow your steps but I could not see the "camera" in the devices and printers, would it be possible if you could provide screen shots with the steps?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Sure, I'll get to it when I'm home.
It's the old control panel screen where you see the big icons for printers and devices, not the list on the Device Manager. This one usually offers simpler solutions. You right click on the icon and you get possibly 3 options, one is troubleshooting IIRC.

piaqt

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a RealSense F200 camera. Since I installed the FCU, I noticed Windows Hello stopped working.

Fails to inialize the camera on the login screen. It also fails the camera setup.

The camera works, as a webcam. What doesn't seem to work is the red light dot that used to light up when in use (ie, the IR camera).

The device admin in the control panel shows only a single camera. I don't remember well but I think it's supposed to have a separate driver for the IR part of the camera?

Anyway, did anyone get the same problem?
Since build 17017.

fishyuk

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Managed to get mine working for Hello after a clean Fall install by installing the Intel SDK and just choosing the items not already installed which seemed to get it recognised as hello; however I'm getting the same issue as others with F200s. It will work briefly, and very well, but then it gives the initialisation issue and its only remedied by a reboot. Anyone raised it on insider? Will have a look and if not raise it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills