Android to Windows 8.1

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just got a used Dell Inspiron with Windows 8.1. I plugged the ZTE Z815 into it, hoping to transfer photos and videos. Some of them were copied, but not all. The phone accidentally became unplugged for maybe a minute or two, but I plugged it right back. Could that have something to do with it? It's an extremely low end model, with only 8 gb and 1 ram. The space is almost entirely eaten up by Android 6.0.1 and a lot of bloatware, but the photos and videos are all on SD card, which is 32 gb. Admittedly, there are plenty of them, but there is also a lot of space left on the card. How do I get the PC to find and copy ALL of them? Also, is there a way to copy other things, such as games, apps, etc.?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
How do I get the PC to find and copy ALL of them?

Answer - keep the phone plugged in during transfer. You can't expect copying to complete if the phone was unplugged.

Plug the phone in again, start the copy again. The PC will tell you a copy of a photo already exists, do want to replace or skip copying the photo, check the box for skip, click do this for all. This will copy only the missed files.

Or, you could delete all photos and videos on the PC and start over, leaving the phone plugged in and allowing the copy to complete.

No, you can't copy games or apps to the PC and expect them to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo