After Win 10 ARM, would Microsoft be making that Surface phone we've been waiting for?

Vishvjeet Arya

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
We are listening rumors about Surface Phone since ages and now that Windows on ARM is a thing, so would Microsoft be able to deliver a product that will define the future or will it be another disappointment?

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
We are listening rumors about Surface Phone since ages and now that Windows on ARM is a thing, so would Microsoft be able to deliver a product that will define the future or will it be another disappointment?
I personally don't see any advantage to running Windows on a mobile device. There are no apps for smaller screens in the Win 10 store. The only way it will work is with dev support and that support is just not there in the mobile space. To me it's just plain silly to think MS will be back in the consumer mobile market.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I personally don't see any advantage to running Windows on a mobile device. There are no apps for smaller screens in the Win 10 store. The only way it will work is with dev support and that support is just not there in the mobile space. To me it's just plain silly to think MS will be back in the consumer mobile market.
, I think for privacy and security reasons/options I would prefer it to Android (/if it will have the required cellular features and similar interface as win phone 10).

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
I think a "not phone" is a possibility. something that can fill a phones functions but is more. New category like how the Surface/2 in 1 was. Expect it will be ridiculed by a lot of people at first. Remember when a surface was a punchline? Something like that but smaller.

As with all things Microsoft it will probably take them about 3 iterations to get it right.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they will. Sure, they may make a new Surface device in a smaller and more portable form factor, but they won't dare call it a phone because they don't want the associated stigma of Windows phone to kill the new device before it even gets released.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Surface Mini.

Not a phone. A literal Surface Pro that just so happens to fit in your pocket.

The only thing they're missing is the software ("Andromeda" composable shell). Hardware side is there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss