Edge App vs Bing App

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've switched to Android. In the Google app store there's a Bing browser app and there's an Edge browser app. Which one is the current supported app? Why does Microsoft have two browsers? Is one better than the other? Which one are you folks using?

theoldmototoad50

Jul 13, 2019
Visit site
Bing is like Google search and edge is like chrome. Different thing, but if you installed Microsoft arrow launcher, there's no need for bing cos it's already there.
That's what I thought.
Though the Bing app still supports tabs, for a quick search use Bing/Google, for a big search with loads of tabs use Edge/Chrome.
Though in Microsoft Launcher I tried replacing the Edge search bar with the Bing one, but when I remove the Edge search bar, the apps move and make no room for a new search bar. Any suggestions?

chanchan05

Nov 21, 2018
Visit site
That's what I thought.
Though the Bing app still supports tabs, for a quick search use Bing/Google, for a big search with loads of tabs use Edge/Chrome.
Though in Microsoft Launcher I tried replacing the Edge search bar with the Bing one, but when I remove the Edge search bar, the apps move and make no room for a new search bar. Any suggestions?

The Microsoft Launcher bar isn't a widget. It's built into the launcher. You can set it to use Bing AFAIK. I stopped using MS Launcher a while back.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The Edge Android app is the browser but the Bing app is a search engine for the browser. Here's a fun fact for you about the Bing app and Android. On my Xiaomi A1 phone running Android OS 9 I cannot set the MS Bing wallpaper to be both my device wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper (wallpaper only is listed in the MS Launcher app).

However, if I install the Bing app for Android and select the option to use Bing Daily Wallpaper it allows me to set both device wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper just fine, whilst the MS Launcher app and native display settings won't allow me to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos