Airtel & Alcatel Idol 4S with SIM...can call but no data

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I bought a SIM in the airport, they said 4 hours to activate. I waited rebooted...i can make calls and send/receive txts. But no data! I see 4 bars and the phones icon says Airtel.
I added the APN info sent to me by Airtel....on Net Check, it shows 3G Airtel before it said 0G)... But no data

They sent me this

Dear Customer,
Here is a step-by-step guide on How to Configure APN Settings Manually?>Tap on Applications icon>Settings>Connectivity>Data account>GPRS>Create>Account name>Enter Mobile Internet>Down Arrow>Options>Done>APN>Enter airtelgprs.com>Down Arrow>Options>Done>Leave Username>Leave Password>Authorization type>Normal>Done>Yes>Back>Back>Wap>Edit profile>Create>Profile name>Enter Mobile Internet>Down Arrow>Options>Done>Homepage>Enter airtellive.com>Down Arrow>Options>Done>Data account>GPRS>Mobile Internet account>IP address>HTTP>Use proxy>No>Back>Leave Username>Leave Password>Yes>Select Mobile Internet profile>Options>Activate
Click the below link and follow the instructions https://airtelsupport.oneclick.info/SosOwa.aspx?id=28aef331-1826-4c99-9deb-a25784340af6
Thank you,
Team Airtel

There is no WAP option... So i left it as PAP. Left the MMS stuff alone...

Help... I'm visiting India and so dataless...

V

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
There is an option in settings to disable data when in roaming or something like that. Disabling that option or enabling data when in roaming can solve your problem.

Also, you don't need username and password. Leave it blank.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon