1520 on Windows Phone 8.1. It's been getting progressively worse at holding a charge for a couple months now. This morning, with 65% battery, I played a few turns of Words With Friends and then got the "Battery is Critically Low" error message followed by an immediate "goodbye" shut off screen, which has been par for the course for a while now. However, upon trying to start it back up again, I now get the blue frowny face of death, which I've never gotten before.

I looked at past threads about this and just installed the Nokia Software Updater, but when I try to open that software, I now get an error message saying it tried to connect to the internet 3 times but it didn't work. My internet is fine and my Avira Antivirus is on snooze, so I have no idea why it's doing this.

Any help?!
    12-23-2017 12:10 PM
    1520 on Windows Phone 8.1. It's been getting progressively worse at holding a charge for a couple months now. This morning, with 65% battery, I played a few turns of Words With Friends and then got the "Battery is Critically Low" error message followed by an immediate "goodbye" shut off screen, which has been par for the course for a while now. However, upon trying to start it back up again, I now get the blue frowny face of death, which I've never gotten before.

I looked at past threads about this and just installed the Nokia Software Updater, but when I try to open that software, I now get an error message saying it tried to connect to the internet 3 times but it didn't work. My internet is fine and my Avira Antivirus is on snooze, so I have no idea why it's doing this.

Any help?!
    Time for a new phone. Your battery is obviously dieing.
    12-23-2017 12:54 PM
    Time for a new phone. Your battery is obviously dieing.
    Yes. I know that. But at the moment I don't have the money to upgrade yet. So I kinda need my phone to work for another month or two.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    12-23-2017 07:05 PM
    UPDATE: In case anyone wants to know, I read somewhere that the Nokia app I was trying to use is now outdated, and that I needed to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset my phone.
    fin11 likes this.
    12-30-2017 08:12 AM