If Surface Phone become success,Will developers show more interest on making Windows 10 apps?

dharma teja1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If Surface Phone become success, And more OEM'S like SAMSUNG,HP,LENOVO release similar Windows 10 devices with telephonic capabilities,
Will developers show more interest on making Windows 10 apps?

Prometheus2021

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
That is usually how it goes. When enough people get interested in one thing, then the big companies follow suit. Just look at cryptocurrency, the big banks and economist scoffed at the very notion of a decentralized digital currency, and now their trying to play catch up and come up with their own cryptocurrencies or somehow integrate the technology with their banks. They will only do that if they see benefit coming from it. If enough people like what MS brings to the table you can bet the rest of the big players will want a piece of the cake too.

Inconspicuous_Reno

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
If Surface Phone become success, And more OEM'S like SAMSUNG,HP,LENOVO release similar Windows 10 devices with telephonic capabilities,
Will developers show more interest on making Windows 10 apps?

In order for a Surface phone or any phone/pocket computer/device running Windows Mobile to become a success, app developers must show interest and get on board even prior to launch. That's a big reason why there's no Windows Phone now. Lack of apps. There's no way to be a success without the developers doing way more than "showing interest" right from the start.
Personally I'll comtinue to use my Windows Phone even if I have to write my own apps. There's not a chance in hell I'll ever own an Apple product and one look at the cartoonish, amateurish looking icons of Android is enough to deter me.

BrianEmbry

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Both Microsoft and Google have consistently talked about Progressive Web Apps or PWAs. These are web pages that run on a browser that acts like an app. Therefore there wouldn't be an app gap since they should run in most browsers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos