How to rollback a Microsoft Framework update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

Hello. Yesterday I received an optional update for Framework 4.7.1 noted as (KB4033342). There wasn't much info on it, and it was optional, but I installed it anyway. I would like to uninstall or rollback this update - however, it is not listed in "uninstall a update".

Is it possible to remove an optional update?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 has some great new features like Edge Browser, Windows Hello, Virtual Desktop, Device Guard, Antimalware Scan Interface, etc. but some people just can’t get past the habit and comfort of using their previous Windows versions. And then again, some may have messed up their upgrade and may want to get back to the stability of their previous Windows version, after using Windows 10 for a few days.

Thankfully Microsoft has kept an option of rollback, where unsatisfied users can uninstall the upgrade and rollback to the previous version of Windows – Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.

To roll back your Windows 10, go to your PC Settings, by typing Settings in the taskbar search bar, next to the Windows icon, and clicking on Settings. It will open the PC Settings. Select ‘Update and Security’.

Rollback from Windows 10

The Update and Security option opens. Here you will see options like Windows Update, Activation, Backup, Recovery and Windows Defender. Click on ‘Recovery‘.
MCDVOICE

This doesn't solve the OP's problem. It seems like a bot posted reply (lots of those in the Ask A Question forum recently).

Does this help you?

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-uninstall-or-remove-Microsoft-NET-Framework-4-7-from-Windows-8-1-OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs