OnePlus 5t Camera vs Lumia 930

Mog0

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I'm considering upgrading from a Lumia 930 to a OnePlus 5t but I'm concerned about the camera.

The camera is the reason I bought the 930 when it was new(ish) and I want to know if the camera in the 5t can match the one in the 930. I've read reviews saying the 5ts camera is dissapointing compared to pixel2 and others but how does it compare to a 4 year old phone like the 930. The camera is very important to me and take a lot of photos in low light.

Thanks

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I haven't owned the Lumia 930 nor the OnePlus 5T. One thing I can tell you is that if you're really concerned about camera quality, then you'll have to choose the Google Pixel 2. The Samsung Galaxy flagships are also really good too, but the Pixel 2 takes the golden crown according to virtually every reviewer.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Have never owned a 5t. I do have the 930 and also a 929 though. I've owned several good Android camera phones though too including the Pixel XL 2, S8+, and V30.

First you should read reviews:
5t-- https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t-review-1687p8.php
930-- https://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_930-review-1107p8.php <---oldie review but goody ;)

Then you should know your comparing two different platforms. Android post processing algorithms seem snappier to me. Faster shots and your not waiting for "finishing touches". Newer faster hw too. Android has more features added in with their camera apps now like AR stuff and other tricks (seems popular now). Lumia well, you just get a really good high pixel photo.

The 5t has no OIS. EIS (electronic image stabilization) only. Also its a dual camera and I believe they are both color no monochrome. For some reason the 5t does not serve well in low light or it didn't at the time of reviews.

That is all I can really suggest. Good luck.

Mog0

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks...the pixel 2 is on my shortlist but I really don't want to spend quite that much on a phone at the moment. If the 5t can at least match the camera performance of my 930, it will do for the next couple of years until my next upgrade, when I'll likely have more money to spend. I just don't want to go backwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro